is perm. fixed now. Notice the piece above that
came out when the leg was taken off. Someone had
worked on her before and added the wire and to reconnect
that piece would not be possible so we had to decide to
make the leg sturdy but no more bending that left knee.
We added new elastic to replace the rubber band.
We felt that since she will be on display with your
other dolls, you would rather have her leg fixed than
not so to us she looks great and I can display her with
the right knee bent later in the finishing photos.
Her hips need to stay the way you see them because to
disconnect her in pieces is taking a chance on ruining
her and we saw another Nina doll with hips that way so
because they are going to be covered, personally I would
not take a chance on disconnecting her what looks to be
very complicated parts above the hips.
Also: Dr. Hubby still needs to
sand the body and get her more fresh appearing I will be
also trying to lighten her arms only if
possible. Her face and hair and cleaning of
the eyes to make them shine is the last things we will
accomplish soon. We are trying to reserve the blushing
and with a little wet testing we managed to remove that
black mark off her right cheek. So far so
good. I have a feeling this doll will look "Dynamite"
once we are finished.